christmas cards

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by The landscaper, Nov 13, 2005.

1. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

For those of you who send out christmas cards, do you think it would be kind of rude to put some kind of questinaire along with the card? Is that the wrong time to send something like that out?
  2. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i send out cards and would never put a questionaire in there . you are sending seasons greetings . i would leave it at that . i do however make sure that my company logo is on the card .
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yes. you do NOT mix business in with Christmas greetings. That is like if someone passes, sending a sympathy card with an invoice in it. If you want to send a Christmas card out, then send a Christmas card out. If you want to send a questionaire, then send a questionaire. Now, if you want to get TRUE results that are more un-biased, then send the questionaire first. Otherwise, you're getting a "Aw, he was so nice to send a Christmas Card" reply. This will be a sugar coated response - while it LOOKS good, and may even boost your ego, is NOT what you want. For your long term knowledge, you want TRUTH It will help you in the big picture.
    Also, just a small note, for large volumes especially...I don't know your demographics or anything, but you are always safer just to send a "Happy Holidays" or Seasons Greetings" type of greeting. Jewish people like doctors and such don't really care to get Christmas cards. :)
  4. competitiveimageland

competitiveimageland LawnSite Member

in my cards this year im giving out coupons for free christmas trees from my nursery stock provider , its the least i can do for all the help and support he gives me. it benefits both of us i gain a better customer relationship and gain a profit
  5. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

I would never,never put a poll or survey in a holiday greeting card, thats just not classy. And yes, keep it generic like "Happy Holidays" not just one religious holiday specific :waving:
  6. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Never combine religion and business at the same time. And yes that is what Christmas is. A religious holiday. And if you are of one of the Christian religions, go ahead and send a Christmas card. Nothing wrong with that. Now if a Muslum or a Jewish service provider sent me a Christmas card I would think that in bad taste and poor business.
  7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Actually I'd be impressed that the provider took the time to send a card that was different from their beliefs. It shows understanding and that is good customer service.

I think if you had a jewish customer and you sent them a card for Hanuukah. I belive it sets you apart from the rest of the crowd...basically it shows that you care and you actually know your clients...
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I usually always send out a survey with their last invoice of the year. The Christmas card is send seperately though