Christmas Cards

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by STL Cuts, Nov 7, 2010.

1. STL Cuts

STL Cuts LawnSite Senior Member

Last year I used this website and this design http://www.cardscheaper.com/details.php?ItemID=10119

Each year, I bake a loaf of pumpkin bread and hand deliver each one to the customers' houses. Last year I found the site above and included one of those cards with the pumpkin bread to each customer. Gotta say, people love it, espescially the older ones! It takes a couple hours of baking, but the rapport you build with customers is definitely worth it.

Anyways, this year I'm planning on doing the bread again, but don't want to give them the same card. This is the best one I could find throught this website, imo, http://www.cardscheaper.com/details.php?ItemID=10193

Anybody have any other sites where you have found good cards that specifically relate to the lawn industry.

Also, this year I did 30+ aerations, many of them were first time customers that simply received my door hanger and called. I have all their information in my database.

Do you think the whole pumpkin bread and card might be a little overkill, espescially since I have just serviced their property one time for an aeration? I'm thinking just mailing them a card would be the best route here. Any thoughts on that?

2. GunnPropertyServices

GunnPropertyServices LawnSite Senior Member

i always send cards never did the bread thing but sounds like a good idea. I use vista print not sure if they have lawn related cards, i send reg cards, i would just send Christmas cards in the mail to the first time customers

3. Lehighlawnpros

Lehighlawnpros LawnSite Senior Member

Hi STL,
    I just wanted to say that I respect the time and effort that you are putting into customer relations, it's definitely a good investment.

4. STL Cuts

STL Cuts LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks!

Nobody else on here does Christmas cards???

5. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Usta; not sure if I received any response. My customers normally give me pumpkin bread, soup, cookies, shoe, act. Not me however.

6. TJS Lawn Care

TJS Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from IA

I plan on sending Christmas cards this year. I also send new customers a letter thanking them after first service and it outlines all of the services we offer...

PS-can I get on the bread list? :laugh:

7. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

How do you make pumpkin bread?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Bumpmaster

Ah hate to get all political but I think Aboma might be able to help you out their.

9. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

you only recieved one shoe?! I would have asked for a refund! :laugh:
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Bumpmaster

YA great Idea but I am a little shy. Any kinda tip from a customer is greatly appreciated.