1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

christmas decor

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Willis120, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Willis120

Willis120 LawnSite Member

Hey does anyone do christmas decorating? I am doing it for the first time this year and have no clue how much to charge for it. Lights, garland, probably taking down christmas things from the attic...Just wondering, thanks

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

3. Willis120

Willis120 LawnSite Member

over the winter i only keep one guy on at 10 hr. And I am not sure how long it will take, just had a few job offers for it.

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

then price it to where you will make money. I would rather sell them new stuff than sit there and untangle/test/curse at some homeowner quality stuff. Dont you have taxes ? insurance ? office overhead to figure in?

Also if your not insured for it I would be careful doing it

5. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Do some searches and You'll see my pricing. It is what I have to have to make this worth while. Your insurance needs to be updated. we have had multiple falls the past 2 years. one guy went in the hospital and did rehab for 6 weeks. If your workman's comp is not aware you are on the roof, they ain't gonna pay. be careful.