Christmas Gift for me tomorrow

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Blades of Steel, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

Got a call from the Ford dealer today. I am going to pick up my christmas present tomorrow. My new Ford F-250 6.0 Power Stroke will be at the dealer. Can't wait to get in it and hook up my trailers. I have been using a 91' F-150 for 4 years and it has been a challenge to keep up with the maintenance and fuel. 11.5 to 12.5 per gallon on a good day.

This is a good day..... :blob1: :blob4: :blob3: :D

2. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

Congrats!!!

I am grad to here that you went with the diesel. I think the diesel was the right choice.

3. Blades of Steel

TRex,

To me there was no choice. I was sold on the desiel many, many years ago. There has been a ton of opinions of rather the extra money is worth the 5000 option for the desiel. I purchased this truck through my brother neice and saved thousands. The truck listed for 34k and I got it for 26k financing 21k so the payments are really low.

Now I can get a new z-mower for the trailer. SWEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Enjoy! You lucky dog!

5. PrecisionLandService

PrecisionLandService LawnSite Member

I cant wait to order mine... Ford F350 Diesel. Gotta get the diesel. Wish i knew someone that worked for ford... so i could get the extra discount.....

6. Blades of Steel

the extra discount is nice. Seemed to have saved me about 4000 right off the top. With that and the 3000$ factory savings it knocked the price down a bunch.

Nothing like a last minute tax write off!!!!!

7. Blades of Steel

Check out the new ride. got a few things to add (like wheels and some tint) but other than that the 6.0 liter Power Stroke is pretty nice. Hope the fuel mileage is better than the F-150 4.9 Liter in line 6 i have been using. That thing got me between 11.5 and 12.5. It has to be better than that.

Tim

resize of f-250.jpg

8. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice truck Bluesteel, I just retired an old F-150 302 auto that got much worse gas milage than yours. I have two deisels and will never go back to gas. Change oil frequently as the nature of deisel combustion is sootier and contaminates oil faster than gas, but thats the only drawback.

9. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I love mine. Had it since 10/03/03. Coming up on 8,000 miles tomorrow already. Gotta drain the water outta my fuel filters tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Make sure you get the latest flash update from your Dealer. It will fix all problems that you've got (if you should have any).

I had an idle surge, smoke on start-up, clunking downshifting, they changed my fuel injection from split shot to single shot, and a few other things.

On this image, the info for the flash is found.

http://www.eaglescoutlawncare.com/images/truck/NewestFlash.jpg

Here is info for all the other flashes.

http://www.flatratetech.com/6literpowerstroke/cal_updates.html

10. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

ah, ya got 2wd, oh no no no...