Christmas gifts for customers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kirkmbrown2001, Sep 13, 2011.

1. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Everyone!

Wanted to tell everyone about a idea that I came up with last year and boy did it pay off. I decided to give my regular customers christmas gifts. This year, I only lost one of my regular customers! My motto is: If you treat your customers right, they will treat you right in return.

So what did I give them?

I gave everyone of my customers that I have serviced during the past year at least once a hand-signed holiday card.
    You can find great industry-specific christmas cards at www.cardscheaper.com

For my regular customers, in addition to the card, I purchased a case (24 ct) of paperwhite flower bulb kits. The kits include the bulbs, pot, soil, and instructions. I then wrapped each kit in gold wrapping paper and a bow and gave them it. It may sound like a lot of work but it really paid off!

This year, I ordered 2 cases of amarylis bulb kits for my customers!

[​IMG]

You can buy these kits at www.kvbwholesale.com

They work out to $4.75 per amarylis kit and $3.75 per paperwhite kit. That may sound a lot but considering how much you make off the customer throughout the year, it is worth it!

Right now, they are offering free shipping with any order when you use coupon code: KB2041W This offer expires 9/18/11

Has anyone else had much success with christmas gifts to customers?

2. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for posting this and the links. Very helpful.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. tlc1994

tlc1994 LawnSite Senior Member

This is my first year but I had a few ideas for christmas gifts. I definately believe it`s worth it since you are not only gaining more appreciation of your customers but they may plan to reciporicate with a bonus.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. MarkintheGarden

MarkintheGarden LawnSite Bronze Member

I do the same thing, cards to lots of customers and a small gift to my most important customers. Thanks for the links, I will be checking them out.