1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Christmas Greetings

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Emerald, Dec 15, 2000.

1. Emerald

Emerald LawnSite Member

Just wondering how many of you send Christmas greetings to your clients. Greetings, gifts or both?
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I just send greeting cards to all my customers today. Its just a little something to remind them you apreciate there bussiness.
  4. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I was just wondering if anyone ever brings their clients a christmas gift? Like a nice $30 gift or so?

One of my clients' husbands died earlier this summer. I had never met her husband, so I did nothing. She's still a customer.

Again, one of my clients' husbands died this fall. I knew the husband from our business relationship. I brought them a nice $10 ice cream pie and offered them my condolences. Now, she's having me do some extra work. Not sure if the pie had anything to do with it or not.

Anyway, I was just wondering what would happen if you gave each of your customers a nice $30 gift? Would it reduce the cancellations in the spring? Would it reduce customer churn? Would it be a waste of $30 per customer?

Anyone have experience with this?

DFW Area Landscaper
  5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Well i usually do a little job they need done for free around the holidays time and tell them happy holidays. I sent out cards this year also. My best client got a $180 mulch job done for free. I take care of my best clients well and i treat all others well too.