Christmas/Holiday Card

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by kemmer, Dec 3, 2005.

1. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

I have seemed to piss place last years holiday card on my computer, so does anybody have any good ideas before i have to redo mine again...

Also i wanted to include coupons, im thinking a percentage off mulch installs but i want another one, got any ideas?

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

It is my opinion that it is not a good idea to mix business with a holiday greeting.

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree Jodi,
    I send my cards with a simple thank you and signed by me.
    nothing else other than an occasional special note to a special few.
    never about business just a special personal add-on from me to them.

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I also agree with our mod. I would send out any coupons a little closer to the Spring, they will probably lose them or forget about them in December with the holiday craziness.

5. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine are simple. A picture with some piece(s) of my equipment with Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas.

6. stumper1620

I just go out and buy packs of cards with nothing what so ever having to do with the green industry or my business on them, I do throw a business card in each one, Just so I know they have it.

7. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

My dilemma is that I’m never sure who to send cards to. I have only been sending cards to my regular clients but often think that perhaps I should include those “one-timers” as well. Thoughts?

8. stumper1620

I do anybody over 100 bucks, I figure one timers could easily turn into contracts with enough reminders.

9. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

ya i send them to everyone, cause they remember how thoughtful you were.

10. stumper1620

I better clarify what I said here.
    I send out to anybody that has spent 100 bucks or more on service of any type with me in the last year, that basically includes anybody I've dealt with.
    I do it to keep my name in front of them, even if I don't get them as a customer I may get someone that was referred by them, just because they remembered me and kept my card handy.