Christmas Lawn Mowing!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kent Lawn Care, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Kent Lawn Care

Kent Lawn Care LawnSite Member

has anyone ever had someone call up AFTER the first snowfall has came and then melted and want their lawn cut?!? i didnt think there was anyone out there like that, but all be d...m... if i didnt have TWO people call this year! i thought one person was enought o laugh about, but two within three days, the second person got twice the laughs on the phone. i mean come on its almost christmas! who calls and wants their grass cut for a christmas party in Michigan!

just had to share,
    Phil:drinkup: :laugh:

2. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

so are you gonna do it??

3. Kent Lawn Care

LOL, they couldnt pay me enough to get enough equipment back out and do the job then have to re-winterize them. well i couldve thrown a price at em, but i know theyd hang up, maybe i shouldve told em a price, then they could figure out on their own how dumb of a request they made.

4. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I'll lend you my Santa Suit!!!!!!!:D

5. Kent Lawn Care

so whould i be saying HO HO HO or MOW MOW MOW?!?!

6. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

DO IT.....because if you dont someone else will. Just remember to charge them a little "christmas bonus" for your extra time.

7. Kent Lawn Care

thats an idea, to bad i was laughing so much when they called i told them no allready, besides, when they call and also make the comment"well no one else will do it, i was hoping that maybe your company would be" dang now that i think about it im gonna kick myself in the a$$. i should be saying DOH DOH DOH now!:cry:

8. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

where i'm at snow really is'nt an issue but i guess if someone called i would try to accomodate them. sounds like a strange request for michigan (i have been there once when the snow was two feet deep) but you never know, they might be your best customer next year. myself, i figure that since i'm a service provider if someone has chosen my company i should at least try to help them, of course the price has got to be right.

9. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

You could always call them back. payup

10. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

If you need/want the money, do it. I wouldn't worry about it, though. It's going to rain Tues and Weds, snow Thursday.

:D