Christmas Lights in the Winter

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GROPROS_04, May 18, 2004.

1. GROPROS_04

GROPROS_04 LawnSite Member
    from Omaha

I was wonder if you guys could help me out. In the up and comming winter I was wanting to get into putting up christmas light. How do you bid these kind of jobs? Any help would be appreciated!!

2. grassperson

grassperson LawnSite Member

Gropros - Xmas lights are very easy after you complete your first 2 houses or so.
    Call around and see what others are charging. In Dallas, Texas we get anywhere from $130 - $200 per house, includes putting up and taking down. (depends on if they are lawn care customers)

Need 2 good tall ladders, 1 short one. 2 people with NO FEAR, and you will move through them.

Send letters in Sept, Nov to any customers that you currently have. Once your out doing them, the people driving home will stop and ask you to do theirs next every time.

good luck. B

3. JDavisTexas

JDavisTexas LawnSite Member
    from DFW

grassperson,
    good info. just curious- is that with their lights or ones you supply.

4. grassperson

grassperson LawnSite Member

jdavis-

I do not provide lights due to the liability. Each customer signs a waiver sheet also. They leave all lighting equipment, etc. on the back porch for us. At the end of the year we box it up in one of our boxes for their attic.
    Good luck.

5. ssroseberry

ssroseberry LawnSite Member

Do you just do the trim on the house or do you also do the trees etc.?