Lawn Care Forum banner

Christmas Tree Farm Looking for Zero Turn

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  CowboysLawnCareDelaware 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

My name is Matt, and I have a somewhat unique mowing application...mowing between rows of Christmas trees. I have a small 4-5 acre tree farm, and I'm looking to get a 60" zero turn mower to decrease the time I spend mowing. I currently have a 48" traditional rider, and I have to take two passes between rows. My local dealer sells Bad Boy and Ferris. They have a great reputation, so I'm going with one of these two brands. I'm looking at a Ferris IS 1500Z and a Bad Boy CZT Elite with the suspension seat. They both have the same Kawasaki engine and Hydro-Gear drive system. I took both for a test drive today, and I was equally impressed with both. If anyone has any advice or experience with these mowers, I would appreciate an input. The Ferris appears to have a better warranty (haven't read the fine print), but the extra moving parts with the suspension make me concerned of more maintenance expenses down the road.

Thanks,

Matt

#3 ·
Neither are really sold in my area but if the price was close I would go with a Ferris from reputation alone. Also you should probably get a deflector or discharge shield to stop clippings and rocks from hitting trunks and killing/injuring them.

-Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.