christmas tree farms?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Sep 6, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

just wondering if any Jersey guys know of any christmas tree farms?
    my father in law just opened a store, with a huge driveway, on a really prime street here. he gave me the option of seeling trees out of his yard for $0 kickback! Thanks, adam

2. Flyscaper

Flyscaper LawnSite Member
    from USA

Adam,

You could check out www.christmastrees.org. This is the Pennsylvania Christmas Tree Growers Association. Its basically a list of Wholesale growers. They will have anyting you are lookin for. Hope this helps you.

Good Luck,
    Shaun

3. fga

thank you for the link.

4. jgc8fan

jgc8fan LawnSite Member

My partner and I came up with an interesting idea in case it gets slow this year, and I'm wondering if anyone's tried it??? We were thinking of trying to set up a Xmas tree delivery service with some of the tree dealers when they show up. I figure we have the trailer, and might as well make some $$$ with it if things slow down in December. I was thinking a flat fee to bring the tree from the lot to their home (local area only), trim the stump, excess branches, and set it up on their stand for them.

I know when I used to sell the things I always had people show up in tiny cars, and ask if I could take it to their house for them, so I'd suspect there would be a market for the service. Might be a way to introduce ourselves to potential lawn service customers for next spring too...

Anyone tried this?

5. fga

my wife wants to take that idea one step further...... and have me do deliveries i my santa suit i bought last year for my daughter. charge significantly higher for a tree delivered by santa! i told her she was crazy...... or maybe i don't know a good idea until its already done.

6. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with your wife. If you area willing to get the suit covered in sap then that will be a great idea of having Santa deliver the tree.

Gravely_Man