Christmas Trees...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by N&CLandscaping, Jul 31, 2006.

1. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a property which is a small farm and has 500 Christmas Trees,How Much should I charge to weedwack around each Tree and to spray each tree at the bottom to keep the weeds out. What would you do? The Weeds arnt very high.
  2. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

I would run away as fast as I could! I'm so sick of trimming around cemetery headstones I could puke. It does put money in the pockets though. If you are seriously wanting this job, I think I would set an hourly rate that I was comfortable with and do it the first time to get an idea how long it will take you. Then that would be the flat rate from then on. As you get used to doing it, you will get faster and be making the same money for less time.
  3. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Here is what I would do....

Trim approx. 10 trees. Then, multiply the time it took you by 50 and then add on another hour for time sake.

Example: 10 trees takes approx. 3 minutes to do x 50 = 150 minutes plus 60 minutes for time sake = 210 minutes.

You are taking 3 1/2 hours to do the job @ $80 per hour = $280 plus weed control
  4. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I agree with everything except the "per/hour" of $80.00. Around here it would be more like $60/hr. Everything else looks good.