Christmas Trees

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by APV's Mowing, Oct 14, 2007.

1. APV's Mowing

APV's Mowing LawnSite Member

How many of you do x-mas tree pick-up's and disposal, how much do you charge if you do, and how much money do you think is in it...how would u go about it- 1. Comming in and taking it down with nothing on it, then hauling away, 2. just taking from curb ect., any responses would be welcome...just thinking of ways to make a couple bucks during the winter

2. Hansen Lawns

Hansen Lawns LawnSite Member

That is a very good idea, although around here a tree is $50+ bucks and I don't see people paying more than that to have it delivered... maybe removed but not more than 10-15 bucks... Plus finding the tree & cutting it down is most of the fun!!

3. APV's Mowing

no i was more talking about just strictly delivery and pick-up...i dont have any trees or anythin...im only 17 so i dont really have all that much just a pickup

4. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never done this, but I would say that if you have just a pickup, there probably enough money in it to make it worth while. I know around here a lot of the local towns allow you to bring it to a place like the DPW or fire station for a $10 discount that goes to the fire or police guys. If you do decide to do it, I would do strictly curbside pickup. You don't want to have to deal with going in someone's house and risking breaking something. That would get ugly really fast. Just a few things to think about. Like I said, I have never even thought about this.

5. APV's Mowing

thank you for your input and i guess i didnt really think about the breaking stuff part...good idea im stayin out haha

6. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I just know that if I was doing it I would break a ton of things. I could see the lawsuits coming.