Christmas Trees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RICHIE K, Oct 24, 2004.

1. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

DOES ANYONE SELL XMAS TREES ? I HAVE A FREIND WHO'S BROTHER IS SELLING HIS STAND THAT HE HAS HAD FOR 10 YEARS. I WAS THINKING OF BUYING SAME. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK...

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com :blob3:

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

We have a short drive to cut your own up here by Green Bay but there are service organizations that have the market cornered for people that dont want to venture into the woods.
    Its hard to compete with the Kiwanis, Optimist, Boy and Girl Scouts and any other charitable organization that sell em relatively cheap to make money for their cause.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

They was a good market a few tears back but the big boys WALMART,you can not compete with them i have saw them sell for less than 15 bucks.

4. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

And it's a lot of work. You have to be there all day and all evening. One idea though if you do go through with it. I bought a "living" Christmas tree a few years ago that I really liked. After Christmas I was able to plant it outside, and I now have a nice pine tree in the yard. It was a little more expensive, about $50 for about 4-5' tall. My wife wasn't as thrilled with it however, as it was pretty skinny. I think we might get an artifical tree, and then buy a living Christmas tree every year.