Christmas Trees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DBLC, Nov 30, 2004.

1. DBLC

DBLC LawnSite Member
    from AR

Who all sales christmas trees? What do you use to stake them up for people to look at before they buy? Thanks!

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am curious of those that sell them what type of profit that they make from them

3. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

I too would like info on this. Please share.

4. DBLC

DBLC LawnSite Member
    from AR

I atleast double my money 100%mark up!

5. DSIM

DBLC,
    could you tell us how to get started in selling Christmas trees? Lot rent, up front cost of trees, etc,etc
    thanks

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

also what type of regulations do you have to go through with the DNR, or DEQ, or EPA. Any of those and more.

7. SSmith

SSmith Banned

8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Nursery up the road does it ..... not sure on exact terms .....but he get's like a semi full of em delivered from a tree from in VA area for like $12 per 6-7 foot tree .....can do a search on the web n find the tree farms

9. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I sold trees one year about 15 years ago. You needed a city business license, a bond, a sales tax account with the state.

We sold trees that we went to Montana to retrieve, so you need a big truck. If you have side jobs like clean ups I would stick with that. Come December 20 if you have not sold your stock you probably have to eat all those trees. With all the discount stores selling trees this is a compettitive business with a perishable product.

Maybe a niche market, like live trees that you plant for the customer after Christmas in a upscale market.

10. DSIM

thanks guys