Christmas Wish Fulfilled

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Getmow, Feb 6, 2001.

1. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

If you guys remember the thread about our wishes for Christmas you know that alot of mowers were on the list. There were some trucks and other various equipment. My wish was for 1-more time with my family and 2- more time with the fish. Well my wish has been granted!!

On 1/31/2001 Outten's Lawn Care was sold!!! I have one very happy wife, two extatic kids and one relieved mind. Now I will just work my Fire Department job and work on a less time consuming business venture. Most of all I will spend more time with the family.

We have already started a lawn application company. I will only take about 100 to 150 cuatomers, work them by myself in an average of 4 days a month.

I will continue to visit this forum to lend what advice I have to any who will listen. I will be spending more time in the Pesticide Forum because I know I have alot to learn.

My new boat will be ready next week and I am looking for a few citation fish this year and alot of days on the water.

Thanks for all of your help and support the past year.
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Good Luck on your new ventures. Hope things work out well for you and your family.

3. russman

russman LawnSite Member

Sounds great. I to hold another job besides lawncare. My hope is to have my sons and daughter take over when old enough. This will teach them work ethic and help pay for college. Best of luck to you and your family
  4. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

David, Get out of here, we don't need ya anymore now that your not in our line of business! LOL , Congrats on your new found freedom. Good to see that people are looking around and realizing what's really important in life. I'm not selling my business, but intend to make more time for myself this coming season.

5. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

Good luck and have fun with the kids.
  6. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Thanks for the support, it was an emotional decision. After 11 years in business there will be a void when the grass is growing and the mowers are running. I will just be spraying now.
  7. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

Hope it works out great for you!Glad to see you'll still be in the industry,good luck to you.
  8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

You'll be back,... they always come back...Don't forget to tell us some fish storys.
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

No more wackin', now he's chemically induced. :cool: