chrome ford logo's

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BillyRgn, Jun 13, 2008.

1. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

someone told me a couple years ago how to, but i can not remember how to do it. i want to make my f-350 and 7.3L power-stroke badges all chrome. is there something you spray on them to take the black off them, or do you have to buff them with something ?? i know easy bake oven cleaner takes paint off stuff, but i do not know if that will work for this task, or if it is to strong, i know someone on the site has done it to there truck. i thank you in advance.

2. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

take them off and have them plated.

3. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a winner to me or just buy some already done and replace the ones that are on the truck now with the new ones.

4. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

ebay just buy chrome logos :)

5. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

what i ment was i was under the impression that under the black on the logos it was chrome, and you could buff it or something to take the black off, without having to take the logos off or replacing them

6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

The new (2005-2007) trucks have a problem with the black paint sticking. You can see it on fleet trucks where the pressure washing takes the black right off. I would take some Meguiars polish and rub the logos to see if that will take it off. Then a good coat of wax will make em shine!

7. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

i don't think so.i don't think they want to cover a chrome plating with paint.hard process to do.

8. SouthernLandworks

SouthernLandworks LawnSite Member

ACETONE, ive already done mine. Make sure to tape off the surrounding area good.

9. bone1

bone1 LawnSite Member
    from ga

^^^^^^^^

there's your answer! :)

10. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

yeh paint remover (acetone) is your stuff. it is very chrome underneath.