Church bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BoogieDog, Jul 1, 2002.

1. BoogieDog

BoogieDog LawnSite Member

I have been asked to give my bid on about a 100,000 square foot church property. It has some gulleys and hills. The deacon claims that a kid who is not reliable did it for only $60 per cut. They will provide the equipment (Craftsman LT)but I would prefer to use my own equipment (Scag. ) I live in east Texas. Any ideas what a job like this should cost? I'm not doing this to make a living as I am retired but wouldn't mind keeping busy.:(

2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a property a church in fact similar size sounds just like it with some farely decent sized hills and dips and one drainage area....anywho I charge $250 per cut. There is no reason to use there equipment and no reason in the world to charge them less....all the people there make a living if they want to help the church they can give a donation no reason for you to give up money to help them out your trying to make a living off of them. Dont hold on to tight to this account they (churches) have been known to give the job to any joe smoe who went to that facility that had gotten layed off or fired....so you could do it for a few months without knowing they have other plans. Goodluck....60 bucks is WAY to cheap !

3. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Pricing depends on the degree of difficulty. With out seeing the job, I would say in the $250.00 range also. If you are using his equipment just quote an hourly price.

Hope that I was of help.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I bid one just about that size here in North Texas at $250/cut. The guy that got the bid came in at $242/cut. The price you mentioned is WAY too cheap.:)

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I think I would double the $250 to $500 if I had to use the crapsman.

2.29 acres of grass but no mention of how much trimming and edging. If its not much trimming involved I would think it would be hard to get $250 per cut.

6. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Im with you HOSS, for sure double it if you have to use the crapsman.

7. hubb

hubb LawnSite Member

I don't know how you guys price your residential jobs, but I usually charge around $60.00 per acre. That would mean about $137.00 per job for that one. Of course I would have to look at it to see if there was any excessive trim work. I think around here any more would surely make me loose that bid. This is just my opinion though. If you can get $250.00 for it, then more power to you.
    Good Luck!:D

8. REO

REO Guest

I must say, I have to agree with Hubb, I have a 72" LQ eXmark that would mow that area ( 2.29 acres ) in about 1.25 hrs. Max. There's no way that I could get $250 per cut where I live.

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

My bid included a lot of trimming and edging, thus the 250.00/cut. Of course, if all you have to do is mow and go, then you might do it for 130.00 - 150. /cut.:)

10. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

hey boogiedog where in east texas do you live. i am also from east TX