Church Bulletins

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by zz4guy, Jan 29, 2008.

1. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

Any of you guys ever advertise in a church bulletin?

I've got an opportunity to advertise on the back of a bulletin for $380/yr and reach about 4000 people. Plus it is a church with a major parochial school. How do you think the results will be?
  2. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

It's a donation to the church, not much else. I've done if for years, but I would be giving them money anyway.

Austreim landscaping

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I thought about doing the same thing. I wonder how much business it would get.
  4. hoyboy

hoyboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

Somehow advertising in a Church bulletin just doesn't seem right. Something about Jesus and the moneychangers just keeps coming to mind. Anybody else feel this way?
  5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS LawnSite Member

i was thinking about this a few weeks ago. hoyboy- i can see your point. but in mine there are advertisments for pizza shops, dry cleaners and even coupons for dunkin donuts. i think landscaping would fit perfect :cool:
  6. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

At our church the money that comes from the advertisers on the back pays for the printing of the bulletin, thus saving the church that expense. Like I said before its nothing more than a donation to the church.

Austreim Landscaping
  7. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

We Tried, It Did Not Work, Plus Is Very Expensive!!!

A No No No!
  8. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

I'm starting to feel the same way. For $400 I could send out some nice direct mailers to almost as many people, and not compete with 140 other ads on the bulletin. Plus who knows how much $$$ the church actually gets. They might only get free flyer printing w/no kickbacks.
  9. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh I'm sure you could pick up some accounts from it. It would probably work even better the more involved you are with the church . Some of the best accounts don't always come from advertising, but rather, personal relationships that you develop with people over the long term.