1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

church pricing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by $DIXIECHOPPER$, Apr 30, 2012.

1. $DIXIECHOPPER$

$DIXIECHOPPER$ LawnSite Member

I am wanting to bid on a church. It is 2.5 acres, with church and gravel drive way. So roughly 2 acres, with 2 light poles and a sign to trim around. Gravel drive so no edgeing, so I am thinking about an hour and a half total.

I am thinking $90 for weekly service
    $120 bi-weekly

Does this sound close, I really want to get it because its in a great spot to advertise, and may open doors to other places.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. johnwright238

johnwright238 LawnSite Member

Churches are generally wanting the lowest price. If no one else is bidding on it, I would say you are spot on from what you are describing. I would get the two rates a little closer to each other as the average Joe doesn't understand the extra work, wear & tear on equipment bi-weekly puts on you.

3. $DIXIECHOPPER$

$DIXIECHOPPER$ LawnSite Member

Yes thanks i was Thinking the same thing.

Just waiting on the call....

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

there kind of a PITA unless you have done several not for profett business in the past.

5. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Not always.

6. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

If no one else is bidding....that could....SHOULD be a sign....just saying. Been there. Done that. Churches are a pain. Want it done for nothing. Someone else is always looking to do it cheaper. No thanks. Move on.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

If your a member of this church or have family members that belong to the church, DO NOT BID ON THIS PROJECT. It will only cause you more problems than you can shake a stick at. I believe your pricing is fair, don't give in and lower it because you feel sorry.
    Feeling sorry will not pay your bills, and I am sure tat if the paster or priest could do it them self's they could or would.
    easy-lift guy