CHURCHES?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Nov 3, 2000.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

DO YOU GUY'S GIVE ANY PRICE BREAKS FOR CHURCH'S AND OTHER NON-PROFIT GROUPS? CHURCH IN QUESTION IS NEW AND ONLY ABOUT 100 MEMBERS. THEY HAVE 3 ACRES PRETTY MUCH ALL OPEN MOWING EXCEPT AROUND THE BUILDING ITSELF. HOW MUCH WOULD YOU CHARGE FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS. THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE, AS IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.
    Mowman

2. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

If I was bidding on it I'd charge $75.00. A reasonable bid for an hours work. Lynn

3. dan35

dan35 LawnSite Member

I Would always bid the job at my hourly rate also, but I think this job will take a little longer than an hour. We have one Church now and have had three in the past. Also keep in mind youÂ’ll have to please 100 people instead of one or two.

4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

$75 for 3 acres? AN hour or not, church or not...seems low to me. Are you a member of this church? I'd go in at no less than $100! Unless you really need the work.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I think a hundred is a bit too high. They'd never go for it. If it was a doctor's office or something like that, I could see it. But, remember they only have about a hundred members, and there are other expenses on the property. Anything up that high would probably sway them to purchase their own equipment and have members take turns at it. Seventy five sounds good. Remember, if the congregation doesn't resent the price, it MAY lead to more work for you, and not just mowing work either!

6. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Good points Runner...maybe I'm being a bit too greedy. Hopefully GOD isn't reading my posts! :)

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

You might consider a price break if
    they put in bulliton on sunday.At bottom of pge.
    We would like to recognise so so lawncare
    for their care of our lawn.No telling
    what might come from that.new buisiness etc
    Just food for thought.

8. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I started mowing a church a few months ago for $45.00. It is a 2.5 acre lot so I figured 45 minutes max. I charge $60.00 an hour. I walked the property and all looked nice and easy. Few obsticles to slow me down, figured after a few times I'd have it down to 30 minutes or so. I really did not want it, but their mower gave out and I felt sorry for them and figured I'd help them out till end of year. They want to get a mower next spring.

How I missed them when I walked the place, I have no idea, but the wide open areas are full of huge ruts. Takes me about 1.5 hours to get it done. I make sure I pee before I go there, since I do not have an enclosed trailer with a pee bucket. So, I am shakin, rattlin, and rolling till next week when I am done with it.

I would have refused to do it anymore, but I figured it's good to keep the almighty on my side.

9. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

One thing that I have learned, from a business standpoint, is to never take on a job cheap in hopes of getting other work from it. If you don't get the other work, you will hate that job that you are doing cheap.

10. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I have a couple of churches and grounds properties. I just quote them a fair price, no breaks, no killer proffit. fasir is fair.

there is a big difference between old established churches and younger new ones. the new younger are more likely to cut it themselves.

mowman--I'd go $100 on that property that's if I could do it in 1.5 hours.