1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

churches

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jsfrk, Jun 21, 2004.

1. jsfrk

jsfrk LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Are churches a good place to hit for accounts?

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

They can be tricky, some are willing to pay because they want everything looking really good and it's a tax write off for them as an expense, but some are very cheap and are always looking for freebies, so be careful, find out as much about the church as you can before bidding.

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Most big churches around here have at least one if not more LOC as members so they will get the job and small churches will try to save money. I do my church but I do it myself on Friday, my crews only work 4 days, and it is all I do that day so I can putz around and do extra work. I would be hard pressed to make a profit if I put my guys on it- maybe just break even.

4. brandon1022

brandon1022 LawnSite Member

Gotta think that there is alot of weedeating if they have a cemetery. Seems like you would have to price it high. There is one next to my house they use a company have about 2 acres that gets mowed one acre oof gravestones. What do you think they charge?