Churches

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Black95gt, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Black95gt

Black95gt LawnSite Member

Does anybody mow or do snow removal for churches? I'd like to promote my business to all the churches, but would they look at hiring me or do they get members inside the church? Also if i do get a church, do they usually expect extra low rates? Just wanting to know so i dont waste my time on them if i wont be able to get them.

2. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Black:

I would question why you want to go after Churches specifically. For the most part, they are organizations on very limited budgets, and often do not pay invoices as they should because of previously mentioned. Now if you are looking at serving the lord by rendering your services, then God bless you. And, not all churches are like that, but very many struggle with the day to day business items which would includde paying your invoice on time.

3. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

A lot of times yes someone from the inside does it, but I am about to land a contract with a church that I was referred to by a member of that church. My own preacher talked to me about my services and I can tell ya one thing they would pay me more than I would actually charge. just look at their size and charge accordingly, but as said before Now if you are looking at serving the lord by rendering your services, then God bless you, I support that 110%!!! you may also see ads in the paper for churches accepting bids.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Have to agree it's usually from the inside and a lot of times, but not always, they get the work done for free