Chute Blocker for a Super Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Ranger 13, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Lawn Ranger 13

Lawn Ranger 13 LawnSite Member

I need to know which chute blockers will work the best on a Super Z. Please give me some feedback. Thanks!!

2. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

The advanced chute system or the power chute will work good for you. The reason these chute work is that they have holes in them to let air out where most all other are solid.

3. Power Chute Design

Power Chute Design LawnSite Senior Member

4. mow & snow

mow & snow LawnSite Member

I just had a Blade Blocker by Trimmer Trap put on my 52" WB. I'm picking it up Saturday and I'll let you know how it works.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I just bought a Power Chute Design. I'll let you know how it works when I get it.

Personally, I'd rather NOT have holes.

I've used both, and prefer a solid plate. Owner of PCD said they only make theirs with holes/slots.

6. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Qwik chute on my Mini-Z, and buddy has one on his Super Z. They both work well. Will be getting a new Super Z next spring and will put one on it as well.

Like how it works, just a weak handle design.

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Well, the handle is the whole reason I decided NOT to go with other models.

My handle on my YSM Director was tucked back in about 8" or so, and was solid 3/8" steel. Even IT took some hard hits that I thought would have bent it (never did bend). Even half of these hits would have easily broken the handle off of Quick or EZ chutes. Especially since their handles are way out at the edge of the decks.

I'm hoping the UPS driver has a package for me today!

8. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

I like my qwik chute. i just replaced all the nuts with locking nuts and made the handle alot stronger.