Chute extension

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BO-TY, Nov 27, 2004.

1. BO-TY

BO-TY LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where i can get a chute ext. fro my lesco ltl 160 truck loader the dealer here in iowa says he cant get one i thought i saw some pics on here that showed some setups with one on them. THANKS

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Are you looking to extend it UP, or OUT?

3. BO-TY

BO-TY LawnSite Member

I need to extend it up

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Well, I'm not sure exactly what yours looks like (square, round, diameter, etc.), but I know that www.Landscapersupply.com and www.power41.com sell them for certain brands. But they're not cheap.

Let me ask, are you certain you need one? How high are you looking to raise it?

I ask because I just recently had a thread going on this same topic. I was looking for an extender too. But I decided to just set it up the way it was and it turned out not to be a problem after all.
    Mine enters the leaf box just slightly higher then the middle of the box. I thought it would need to be higher or the box wouldn't fill all the way. But it hasn't been a problem. The box fills fine. I usually jump on it when it gets near the top so that I can fit more anyway. If anything, there is a small area right inside the box where the chute comes in that doesn't fill because the air blasting in doesn't let anything settle there, but the rest of the box fills all the way to the top. It's just a small area, and is insignificant really. Not worth the trouble or expense to get an extender in my opinion.

Now, if your's is coming into the box below the halfway point, then you probably should get an extension.

Last thing, if all else fails and you can't find one, check with a local welder/fabricator to see if they can make something up for you.

5. BO-TY

BO-TY LawnSite Member

Mine has a square tube it will be coming in slightly below middle in the rear i will try it & see how i get along I have a wood box on a truck craft insert with a mesh tarp top. Thanks for the info.

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Does your chute go directly into the box, or do you have an extension between the chute and the box?

My loader is on the front of my trailer. My chute is round, and I bought rigid plastic piping to fill in the difference of space between the chute and the leaf box (about a 4' piece).

If yours happens to be set up similarly, you could use flexible hosing, and just gently curve the hosing so it goes into the box higher up then the chute (am I making that clear?). Since your chute is square, you'd just have to get a larger diameter hose size to slide over the chute.

Just throwing out ideas. Good luck.

7. BO-TY

BO-TY LawnSite Member

i had thought of your idea of the flex hose but am gonna have between1'to 2' of space for the hose not sure how muchthe hose will flex or how much rise i will be able to get thanks again all input is apreciated.