1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Chute up, down, on or off.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thesargent, May 13, 2007.

1. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

do you guys mow with your chute up or down. or do you take it off. i usually flip mine up because of better clipping dispersal, so im thinking taking it off completly. anyone ever make a quick realease for the chute in case you want to put it on again easily?

GSPHUNTER LawnSite Senior Member

I leave it one, but cut with it up most of the time. If I'm cutting near high traffic areas or something I have the option to put it down for safety.
  3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

chute off so I can add bagger quickly.
  4. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is still attached but flipped up. Like you said I can flip it down in tight areas .
  5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Still attached but flipped up...I like to mow with it down if it is a high traffic area or windows nearby.
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I prefer to have them on, so I can flip it down say near beds or cars.

But only the newer Wb is on and usually up, spring removed.
    It usually stays in place, not always, but mostly.

The oldest Wb is off, because it's a steel chute and it doesn't stay in place plus half the time I ride with the deck cover off (due to the belt slipping off) so there's no place for it to rest in the up position. Forget leaving this thing down, hit an obstacle with that steel chute and it's over, remembering that it sticks out yay far on this side doesn't help much.

On the warrior it's off, got tired of it falling down.
    More so because I had to turn off the blades, take off seat belt, then pull it up.
    Might mount a string to it, idk...
  7. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

On the walk behind it's on but up, and I took the spring off so I can replace the chute with the bagger.
  8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

yeah I took mine of as well on the warrior. Leaves a heck of a windrow. IF you try to raise it the rear wheel just catches it and throws is back down. NO biggy to put back on, but I honestly don't even know where it is. Will be ordering the Jungle Jim's chute blocker and baffle kit before this fall.
  9. ranger350

ranger350 LawnSite Member

I leave it on and flip it up when the grass is heavy. Dont need to hit someone and get sued
  10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

what he said