Cigarette butts

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by garlar55, Feb 9, 2011.

1. garlar55

garlar55 LawnSite Member

I have 4 bank branches I maintain. One of the things they want me to do is clean up cigarette butts on a weekly basis. This would be quite time consuming as I am a solo worker. Is there a battery powered vacuum that would make this task a bit easier and quicker, or any others ideas you guys have.

2. Michdeere

Michdeere LawnSite Member

I use a Billy Goat vac at my branches. This is my second one, I bought them both used for less than $250 each. They work great for butts...

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

100 gal PTO-driven shop vac tied into the truck with a 150' 2" hose.

4. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Chevy,
    Do you have a picture of your so-called contraption.??
    Before I will accept the concept to this novice, I need to see it!!
    I am not saying it won't work but just curious of the improvisation. Must be engine driven!!or have you rigged it to your lawn mower.

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Don't have one...but would like to try to fabricate it.

6. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

Cigarette butts aren't such a problem at the banks we do, it's more ATM reciepts! We usually hit the banks before opening on Mondays and it's almost like snow from the weekend. Usually a bucket full at the least.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. johnnybow

johnnybow LawnSite Member

Stihl vacum shredder. Great investment. Really good for vacuming leafs out of river rock too

8. eco.lawns

eco.lawns LawnSite Member

I hope your charging accordingly so you can pay for any disease you catch from touching them. I suggest gloves
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

Smoking is a digusting habit. If I were a cop I would pull a pit manuver on any car I saw throw out a butt.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Green Feet Lawn

Green Feet Lawn LawnSite Member

We have a customer that has employees who always flick their butts into the snow banks. When the snow melts, they are still there. Hmmmm they don't just melt with the snow.