Cigars

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ygim, Jan 31, 2013.

1. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

I tried one of the Acid cigars many moons ago. Can't remember what flavor, but it was pretty foul. Might have to try another one.

2. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

theyre definitely not the best but i rather smoke them instead of swishers or black and milds

3. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

Arturo Fuente's are nice also punches

4. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Monte cristos for this guy one box a year is what I do. Usually when I'm planning a big project makes me feel like the A-team.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

Nice!!! I get everyone in the family to smoke one at the get togethers.

6. zechstoker

I'd rather smoke dried-out grape vines than them nasty Swishers. lol
    Black & Milds are tolerable on a rare occasion, but it's gotta be the regular/original flavor. I tried their apple flavored cigarillos once and about gagged on it. Frickin horrible!

As I stated earlier in the thread, I'm not big on cigars really, but I do try some here and there as a "sampler". The tobacco I smoke in my pipes is manufactured primarily for cigars, so it's better for me to try different flavors with a cigar rather than buying a small pouch of pipe tobacco. Nothing worse than buying a pouch of that stuff, and then realizing quickly that the flavor is less than desirable.

7. TTM42

TTM42 LawnSite Member

Try an Acid Kuba Kuba or in the Drew Estate line a Natural Irish Hops, best cigars I have ever smoked :)

8. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of pipe do you have I used to do that but I think I did something wrong could never keep the bowl lit what is your secret?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Last time i smoked a cigar was on Oct. 31st, 2004. It was my 20th birthday, and we had just made it to Baghdad, Iraq. I wish i could remember what kind it was.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. zechstoker

I have a few, but only use a couple regularly. My first one was a Calabrest Bulldog. It got a crack in it though after about a year of using it, so I don't mess with it much anymore. My daily use one is a BC Rocrune that I've had for probably 7 years now. Still in excellent condition. I have another daily use one, but not sure what the brand is. Rather inexpensive whatever it is. I think I paid $40 or $45 for it.

As for my occasional use pipes, I have a Calabash (Sherlock Holmes style pipe) that's about 40 years old. Also have a medium size Church Warden. Those occasional use pipes ran about $150 each, so they don't leave the house much. Especially that Calabash.

On the topic of keeping the bowl lit, much of it depends on how tightly the tobacco gets packed in there. If it's too loose, it has a hard time staying lit, but if you REALLY pack it in there, it can't breathe.