Cimarron - Bahia

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by pranshaw, Jun 7, 2008.

1. pranshaw

pranshaw LawnSite Member

I tried searching this but coudn't find the information I was looking for. Here in East Texas some use Cimarron to spray and remove Bahia grass. I have come across a free bottle curtessy of a friend but I am very confused as to how I should go about mixing it. I have only a 3 gallon pump up sprayer. What would be the proper mixing rate? Do I need to use a surfactant? Do I need to mow prior to spraying? This is a St. Augustine grass lawn with large patches of Bahia. I could wait and just let the St Augustine take over but I really hate the Bahia. Its two feet tall two days after you mow it. Does anyone have any advice they could give?
    Thanks in advance,
  2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Manor herbicide at 3/4 oz per acre will control Bahia but might yellow St Augustine.
  3. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

4. GTP

GTP LawnSite Member

If you have a 3 gal sprayer, put .050 to .075 oz of Cimarron in a quart of water and pre-mix before adding to the tank. A surfactant is highly recommended. Make sure you get adequate water to the grass for the next two weeks. If the grass is drought stressed, it can adversely affect what you are trying to do. Just lightly spray the affected areas and don't cut the grass for 4-5 days. It will take a good two weeks to see the effects.
  5. 420deere

420deere LawnSite Member

Cimarron is not labeled for use on "Lawns".
  6. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

See that Pranshaw......

Do what Ric suggests and Read those Lables too, B 4 you spray anything.

First thing they teach you when you get your License.

Good Luck,

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Sometimes I enjoy watching threads instead of giving an answer right away. In this case I just gave a correctly Labelled herbicide and watched to see if anyone would wonder why.