Cimarron Plus,wil it kill my neighbors St. Augustine

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Popeye77, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Popeye77

Popeye77 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Picked up some Cimarron Plus to kill Bahia and other assorted weeds in my yard and at the cabin.
    Neighbor is downhill,downgrade from me with no barrier. Will runoff kill his St. Augustine????

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

No. Both chlorsulfuron and metsulfuron are not harmful to st augustine if applied at label rates.

3. Popeye77

Popeye77 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Now you have me confused?
    Spec sheet said do not apply to St. Augustine. Thanks for the info!!! His St. Augustine is creeping into my yard anyway and taking over. Wouldn't bother me if it killed it. Rate will be .375 per acre.

4. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

It probably will not do anything to the st augustine at that low rate. Both of those herbicides are commonly used when the objective is to selectively kill weeds in st augustine.

5. Popeye77

Popeye77 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Thanks for the replys. I also found a pdf on both chemicals AND what I was reading was different spec sheet than what came in the box (Internet). :hammerhead:

I had intended to use it also on my mothers yard which is primarily St. Aug. I will apply it to mine first and see it it affects the St. Aug. In my yard first. From what you have told me I don't see any problems.
    Thanks Again

6. mykalm99

mykalm99 LawnSite Member

Gents:

I was reading your post which is very helpful but what I can't find is mixing ratios as far as how much Cimarron Plus per gallon of water do I mix? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks.