1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cinqo de mayo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, May 5, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I expected my guy to show drunk this morning, but no such luck!!! lol I was looking forward to some type of conversaton with him. this has been the most boring month of lawncare ever. Productive, but boring. After a month of working now, he just asked me My name......... I think.

Did you have any intoxicated workers today?
  2. Action Lawn

Action Lawn LawnSite Member

my mexican guys laugh at cinco de mayo. They say it is an american holiday. I have had mexican workers for five years, and tomarrow I will have more white drunk/hungover workers than mexicans.
  3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

what kind of holiday is it? is it really a holiday, have any meaning?
  4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

It's supposed to be some sort of Mexican independance or something. It's highly promoted by Corona and other companies for profit including a lot of rest. chains across OUR country. It's ridiculous.
  5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

The holiday of Cinco De Mayo, May 5th, commemorates the victory of the Mexicans over the French army at The Battle Of Puebla in 1862. It is primarily a regional holiday celebrated in the Mexican state capital city of Puebla and throughout the state of Puebla, but is also celebrated in other parts of the country and in U.S.cities with a significant Mexican population. It is not, as many people think, Mexico's Independence Day, which is actually September 16.
  6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

wow, they taught you THAT in pittsburg high? all i learned from my spanish teacher is, "se poppy, se..."
  7. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Rolling on the floor and LOL BIG TIME Bobby !
  8. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

Anything about Mexico is education for me.. I dont think ive even seen a Mexican here yet.. (Eastren Canada)
  9. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

They beat the French. So what, everyone has beaten the French at one point in time or another. Nothing to brag about. But hey, good excuse to party. :drinkup: Gimme a beer.