circle pack installation

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Newscape, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Newscape

Newscape LawnSite Member

I am wondering if anyone has some advice on installing circle packs. I have never done one myself. I am looking at the possiblity of doing approx 25 ft diameter patio. Can you combine packs to get this much area? Is the installation alot slower? I'm used to laying out in one direction, not round and round, I'm already getting a little dizzy.

2. MJM landscaping

MJM landscaping LawnSite Member

I just did my first one. I did a 10'7" circle pak and added another 2 layers to get me to the 12' diameter. It went pretty good. I got the diagram layout from the manufactor. All the different shapes and when to use them. That takes the longest time. Also the gaps were a little big for my taste but it came out decent. Here is a pic.. in progress.

small patio.jpg

3. Newscape

Newscape LawnSite Member

Looks great. Were the additional layers from a circle pack too? What manufacturer is the block?

4. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

is that limestone dust that patio is sitting on???? looks good beside the base with limestone dust!

5. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I see STONE DUST! quick... somebody call the Paver Police!

6. MJM landscaping

3/4" crushed rock 6" deep, 1" stonedust screeded, pavers, poly locking sand.
    They are Transpave Saint-Malo circle pack.

7. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

There are about 5 things I can count that are wrong with that job. Still waiting for Chris to jump in and explain why stone dust is not a suitable base. And it's not just the stone dust, #57's too.... You don't even have to take the ICPI class to know why stone dust is unsuitable. It's been discussed her only a dozen or so times..... :hammerhead:

8. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

Newscape: Most manufactures have circle kits along with extensions. The pavers are pre-cut and is like putting a puzzle together. You have to have the right piece or it wont fit right. Be sure to use the proper installation materials and techniques and you should not have a problem.

9. MJM landscaping

Do you see the 3/4" crushed stone there chief?

10. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I see a lot of cleans and no fines??? Could be a bad picture but there are still a couple errors I see....