Cl-35

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by queen of spades, Dec 23, 2009.

1. queen of spades

queen of spades LawnSite Member

Anyone familiar with the IHI CL-35? Used one today and liked it. Didn't beat me to death like the RC-85 I usually use, and had plenty of power. Only thing I didn't like was the track width, the RC-85's tracks are a bit wider. On slick surfaces the IHI did more spinning than moving.

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Where is the pictures?:) They look like the Takkie's don't they?

3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Some minor cosmetic differences, no side fenders, curved loader arms, curved rear on the loader towers, sloped side frame on the undercarraige, but damn near the same, just ugly colors.

5. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

The RC-85 beats you to death?

6. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I was thinking the same thing.

7. queen of spades

[​IMG]

8. queen of spades

Yep.. The first thing I noticed (and liked) about this IHI is the seat suspension. The 85 I use doesn't have this, and big bumps go straight to my spine. I had back surgery a few years ago so maybe I'm more sensitive to it than most.

9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I was surprised as well that the IHI rode better. IHI could tone down the color scheme a touch though.

10. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Ah, okay. Not sure if the new ASVs have suspension seats, but that makes sense.

When I saw it at ConExpo, I didn't really pay attention... but in that shot of it working, good lord it's ghastly. They should re-paint it in Takeuchi-esque colors and REALLY confuse everyone. :)