1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

CL ad thoughts?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mwalz, Jun 30, 2014.

1. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

Well for the record, i put out around 800 door hangers, i currently have 2 Craigslist ads going and i will get around to getting more up. The Craigslist ad has got just as many calls as the door hangers. although i have not landed any of those jobs, a few for stupid reasons. I still find it interesting both yielded the same amount of calls. The only problem people call on craigslist for lawn service who live 70 miles from here i say i service. Like really do they think i will drive that far for one job?

2. MDHomeSVCS

MDHomeSVCS LawnSite Member

I experience that quite a bit too. I list by city my EXACT service areas/suburb cities and still get calls from people all the way across town. They just don't like to read the full ad I suppose... I have had GREAT success from Craigslist though with about 75% of my clients from there. Great clients too. Keep posting and keep them up daily. That's when I get the best results is when I stay on top of posting my ads. I usually get 3-4 calls a week and have been getting on average a new weekly customer every other week and sometimes every week. The others I am either too expensive for or again, they are out of my service area.

Keep them posting and good luck!

3. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

Looks good. I would recommend using some different ads and see which ones are getting you calls.