1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

claiming taxes

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by adam underwood, Apr 26, 2005.

1. adam underwood

adam underwood LawnSite Member

this is the first year i will be paying taxes and im still unsure about alot of the thing that i can claim. i have a truck registered in my name with commercial plates on it.....can i claim payments on the truck? insurance? repairs? upgrades?
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

It will vary. If you are using it for both work and personal use then it will change what and how you can use it as a tax write off. The very best advice that you can get and I am giving it to you now is to sit down with a CPA and get their advice (a CPA now, NOT just an "accountant" as anyone can legally call themselves in most every State an accountant even though they may or may not have detailed financial training and a CPA will have not only detailed training through college but because they are Licensed by the State are required by law to go through yearly training on IRS and State regs and changes).
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Good point Mike. My younger brother is a CPA and continually takes new certification/education programs.
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi adam underwood,

I have a great opportunity for you. We have set up a way for you to ask our CPA a tax question for free!

Here is the link. Just type in your tax question and your email address and they will get back to you with an answer.