Claims Management Resources (Verizon)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ColePyck, Jul 21, 2008.

1. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Anyone ever had to deal with these people? Back in may the guys cut a temp cable fios line at a customers house, well now Verizon has got this company sending me letters saying I owe them 302.64 for negligence for us cutting the line. What is the worst these clowns can do to me...The home owner must have given my name when he ordered the repair work because they have my full name and business name. I just dont know how they could send me to collections on this and if they even can without my soc #. Thanks
  2. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i just had fios installed and the morons 1 never buried the phone line to connect to the fios box (i had to do it)and 2 the fios cable they layed they only buried 3" under the grass. personal i would send them a letter stating since it was not buried more then 6" I'm not paying. at lest comcast around here most time will Barry there cable 1'!
  3. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

A couple of questions for you. Was the cable marked with some kind of paint? Was there a sign anywhere on the property that said there were temp cables in place. If you can answer no to both questions, then I would call Verizon and give them your side of the story. I doubt seriously they would want to persue the matter any further. If need be, get an attornety to write a letter to not only Verizon but the collection company as well.
  4. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

no, and no
  5. aadjuster

aadjuster LawnSite Member
    from OKC, OK

It is worth it to just pay the $300+ it is going to cost you that in legal fees and your still going to have to pay them about the same. It it was $3000 then maybe your talking it being worth it to fight. They can find your info pretty easily in the age of the internet, I'm sure they already have your SSN and mothers maiden name if it came down to it
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

In NC it's illegal to dig with powered equipement without calling 811 first.

In MD it's illegal to dig with anything (even to plant flowers) without calling 811 first.

The fines in both states can be stiff.

You may want to just pony up the money instead of fighting it depending on the laws in your state.

Always call 811 at least 2 days before you dig!