Class action emark 26

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Northwest, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Northwest

Northwest LawnSite Member

How many of you have an exmark 26 and had problems. To my knowledge the vast majority who own one have suffered from the defects on this machine. Maybe it is enough for a class action lawsuit. I have suffered at least six hours of down time on a mower that is less than two months old. That is with a great dealer who three of the four times fixed the machine on the spot.

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

If you read your manual you will see Exmark has covered that base already with a disclaimer allowing them up to 30 days to make any warranty repairs.

I have yet to have any down time as I used bailing wire to band aid the broken drive cable while they took two weeks to get me a replacement.

3. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I would agree with doing something. I have had a long list of problems with my Exmark 26" and contacted them directly for a response. They keep telling me that replacement bags, mulch kits, etc. are on the way and to give the mower a chance once they are in. However, what compensates me for having to wait one month into the growing season to get the mower and now it has not been used for 3 weeks while these replacement parts are on back order? The mower has potential but should have never been released with so many of these outstanding issues. Somehow, I don't think Exmark cares nor will they be willing to take the unit back for a full refund.

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Joe, Your Mulch Kit is In....Trust Me It's There.

There's Also a 36" Tracer hp w/Less than 20 hrs Sitting There w/Your Name on it....Great Deal as it's Very Slightly Used...The Guy Traded it for a Navigator...

Sell the 26"...Break the Bank & Grab that Tracer..

5. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Fareway,

How do you know that the mulch kit for the 26" Metro is there? Have you talked to Neil at W.E. about it. Email me with the details.

6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I recieved mine Friday, call your dealer and have them find yours if you ordered one.

7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Because I Talked to the Man...Do Yourself a Big Favor & Take a Look @ That Slightly Used Tracer hp...

8. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I'm all for the lawsuit. Owners of this mower should be compensated for purchasing an item that does not come close to delivering adequate performance, on top of all the repairs.

If Exmark is such a great company, they should stand behind their work.

How bout' it Exmark?

9. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Could we call the Exmark 26" the Edsel or Corvair of the lawn industry?

10. LandscapeSolutions

LandscapeSolutions LawnSite Member

Lesson to be learned..............Dont buy anything within the first year it comes out! Give the manufacturer time to work out the kinks!