1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Classen aerator

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by SOSINC, Oct 7, 2006.

SOSINC LawnSite Member

Would like to hear what you guys think of the Classen aerator.

I know a guy that is selling a CA18 model. Your feedback would be greatly appreiated.
  2. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I have a TA-19 I think. I bought it used on ebay. I like it. It's heavy and will wear you out if you use it all day, but for $850 it was a great deal. I like the Honda engine(starts with one real easy pull). The only thing I haven't figured out yet is it stalls on hills when the machine tips to the left side. I'm guessing the engine starves for gas. Other than that, it was a great investment. Now, if I was going to buy a new aerator, I'd check out a Plugr.
  3. somo1

somo1 LawnSite Member

Its not starving for gas, it has a low-oil swith that when on hills the oil leans away form the swith and it shuts off the engine to protect from damage. I have a couple of TA-17 and you can unhook the switch, it is one of the quick connects below the engine ignition switch. I unhooked mine 2 years ago and have not had the dying on hill problem since.
  4. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

Hey somo1 thanks for the tip.
  5. mpflood

mpflood LawnSite Member

Just remember to check the oil before starting it LOL
  6. JT1304

JT1304 LawnSite Member

Just got a TA-26 a couple weeks ago. I love the split drive for the larger yards, but it cnbe alittle harder to maneuver on the small lawns. I'd say thumbs up though. It's made a pretty penny since I got it!!