Classen slit / power seeder for sale

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Creative1, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Creative1

Creative1 LawnSite Member

I have a Classen slit seeder for sale. It has the 5.5 H.P. Honda motor on it. Gently used. Not self-propelled. Asking $575

2. Creative1

606-875-5857

3. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

Can you psot some pics? I'm interested, but shipping may be an issue.

4. GraZHopA

GraZHopA LawnSite Senior Member

A free bump for the local new guy!:)

5. Creative1

Will try to get pics ASAP. Working morning till dark aerating and seeding and mowing. Thanks for the interest. :)

6. Creative1

Here's the pics. This thing is practically brand new. Buying another piece of equipment and wife says some stuff has to go to help pay for it........

068.jpg

067.jpg

066.jpg

065.jpg

7. honeydopm

honeydopm LawnSite Senior Member

What exactly does this machine do?

8. Creative1

This is off their website. Hope this helps...Any more questions, let me know....

Turf Seeder – Standard – TS-20

The Classen TS-20 turf seeder is a multipurpose machine for seeding a new lawn or overseeding an existing lawn. The front seed drop ensures follow-up soil coverage for better seed germination. The blades are designed with a cutting edge on both ends, which doubles blade life. Handles fold easily, for portability and storage. Classen turf seeders convert in minutes to a rake with catcher bag or vertical cutter. Classen... serious lawn care made easy!

9. honeydopm

honeydopm LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you for the info but i thought it was an aerator setup that would seed after it plugged but i just realized the seed would need to be in the back. Thanks for all the help and good luck with your sale!

10. Creative1

No problem "honeydopm". This machine is a power seeder. The "correct" way to aerate and seed is to run over lawn with a plug type aerator first (don't waste your time and your customers money with a spike aerator or Lowes/ Home Depot pull behind plugger). I run over lawn twice with quality plugger. Then come behind with a power/ slit seeder to seed lawn. The power seeder will cut slits about 1/4" to 3/8" deep which will give maximum germination. Pluggers are to reduce soil compaction, etc...not for seeding. This is key in my opinion and where many people go wrong. Many people will aerate, then use a broadcast spreader to seed thinking the seed will fall into plug and germinate. Problem with this is, seed will not germinate that deep in the ground. So your customer will not see good results for their money and will call me next time:laugh:. Anyways, hope this helps.....any more q's, will be glad to help!!