Classen Stand-on Aerator ?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by vanguard, Mar 25, 2006.

1. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

Has anyone invested in one of these??

Do ya like it?? Is it worth the $$? Not much to be found on the board about them (last posts is over a year old)

Just wondering how there working out since they've been around now for a couple of seasons :confused:

2. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

NO ONE :confused: :confused: :confused:

3. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Tried one out at the Lawn Expo in Louisville. Pretty neat idea. Looks difficult to work on though. We may cinsider one in the future after we wear out our Ryan and Classen split drives.

4. Ollie3

Ollie3 LawnSite Member

I was looking at the Z-Plug from L T Rich Products. I've seen the Classen in action, but I don't know the cost. I know they are expensive. $$$. I plan on on getting a Z-Plugger when I get my Z-Spray. I wisy you luck.

Ollie.

5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

For the price of the stand on unit I would think you could afford a walk behind for tight areas and a front mount or tow-behind mounted to a ztr for the wide areas. I would assume it'd be a rough ride also. As always, there are pros/cons and tradeoffs with this equipment stuff.

6. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking about selling one of my split drives next year and getting the stand on aerator. I think they were around $6500 but with the amount of people that aerate spring and fall here in Colorado I think it would pay for itself soon enough.

7. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

anyone using this yet?

8. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just talked to Classen and to date they seem to have only sold about 100 total units. I was told the list price now is $7700. OUCH!!!
    I did drive one though a couple of years ago and it does make aerating fun..

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

at that price it makes aerating expensive as well :rolleyes:

10. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

Lesco is selling one now for $5999.00, on special for $5599 from 8/20/07 to 9/01/07