Classen stand on aerator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tharrell, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Saw an ad last night and just checked out the website (classen-mfg.com) on their new stand on aerator. This thing looks sweet. Ryan has a 3 wheel rider that is available in the states also.

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yes, I have seen it and it does look sweet. The only thing that would worry me is the fact that you will have to drive over the freshly pulled plugs....that and the attatched price tag. I have heard around $6K, but only hear-say.

classen walkbehind.jpg

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

And another angle of the SA25!

sa-25[1].jpg

4. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

I really don't understand the big deal with driving over the plugs. Anyone who makes more than 1 aerating pass will be driving over the plugs from the first pass and this doesn't seem to bother anyone. I'm personally pretty excited about all these ride-on aerators and their labor savings. I already have a Gator-Rator and am looking forward to demoing the Stand-aer, Z-plugger from L.T. Rich, and new PL1600 from rock solid. It would be pretty sweet to do away with the Ryan walk behind and have 2 ride-on units working.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I need that machine. That is sweet

6. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

The problem with riding over the plugs is when your aeration & seeding your closing up alot of the holes before the seed can get in, and when you drive over the plugs it squishes the dirt and if the lawn is just a little wet you will get stuck cause the machine is too heavy and the wheel will spin.

If you already own a z then here what you need, way better then the gator rator, plus 1/2 the cost. You can turn with the tines in the ground, and your machine is not doing wheeles all over lawns,

2-15-04 187.jpg

7. glennd

glennd LawnSite Member

Nice machine. Is that something that you dreamed up or can anyone buy this somewhere? I'm thinking of buying instead of renting this year.

8. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

new stander...$7000

48" lesco pull behind aerator $1500.00

lesco truckster....$400.

able to double aerate and overseed a 20k sqft lawn in 25 min with out walking

priceless

or very profitable

9. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Thanx jim. Got the Stander and the aerator hooked up today. Works awesome. Much better than z or quad. (just never thought of it)

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

way faster than a pull behind

zpluger.jpg