1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Classen TA-17D -vs- Plugr PL600?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lt_dolfan, Feb 15, 2002.

1. lt_dolfan

lt_dolfan LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Hello, I'm new to this site and am considering purchasing a walk behind aerator for a part-time lawn aerating business.
    Please advise me as to which aerator you feel is the best for the $ and which gives the best performance in regards to durability with less operator fatigue. Thank you.
  2. greens

greens LawnSite Member

I have used the Classen dual drive the last two years and absolutely love it. Although I have not used the plugr6000, I highly reccomend the classen. But it depends on how many jobs your going to get. If you don't think you will have all that many jobs, I would get a less expensive aerator like a Ryan. The Ryan's run about $1,800 and are pretty good for the price.
  3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got 2 plugr's and they are awesome. Less hassle than some of the others, and the cam driven tines make it where you can get good solid plugs and still manuver around without all that weight that others has to have to drive the tines in. I would highly recommend the Rock Solid. But I am biased too.......:D