classic sunny turf/ Anyone used it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bridges, Sep 23, 2001.

1. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

Anyone use CLassic sunny before? I overseeded a lawn 2weeks ago this tues. And I started fert last week.

When can i start to see new growth? This week? or next week?

Tony

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

down here something called that would probably hav e
    rye, tall fescue,creeping red.,and cant think of what else.
    germination depends on moisture ,temp and how well it was applied. could see it in a wk or so. later tony. warm nights help a lot.

3. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

I'm Ri and the seed is from lesco and is mostly bluegrass.

4. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

If irrigated daily, you'll see new stuff sytart in 7-10 days. Remember bluegrass can take 28 days to germinate. That's germinate! It will be more before the blue becomes strongly visible.

This is a beautiful mix. I've used tons. Use some N with Nutralene (AKA MethX) and it gets dark green and really stands out.

At more than $2/lb not many use it. I'm using some TeamMates Plus rather than Classic sunny this year for added diversity.

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

dogone i wish we could use blue down here. im going to try some on a little plot on my place . jus see what i can do

6. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

You might be better with tall fescue/blue mix, no rye. The Lesco TEamMates plus with the 28-3-10 w/50% Nutralene/MethX is looking good on a small plot behind my house. I'll try to post some pics as soon as figure out the bytes vs pixel thing to make it worthwhile.