Classifieds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by _GUNNER_8, Feb 11, 2002.

1. _GUNNER_8

_GUNNER_8 LawnSite Member
    from TN

Just curious what all you guys put in your ads?For me its always been same but i would like to try something new this year.

Lawns Unlimited
    A Complete Lawn Care Company
    mowing,trimming,edging,shurb care,areating,overseeding,and fertilizing, ect. Licence, Insured, Free Est.
    I've used that for six years want to try something new and what colors on uniforms? We always have worn tan pants and forrest green shirts, but were switching to spruce pants and yellow shirts,tan shows up to much stains.

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Soon to also include the

www. site for the curious.

Work on a web site and you won't have to spend so much on the ad.

3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

with a webpage u could put
    Lawns UNlimited
    A complete Lawn Care Company
    www.uraddress.com

thats probs half the cost of what ur add was

4. _GUNNER_8

_GUNNER_8 LawnSite Member
    from TN

And you fellows think we would get lot of calls from web page?man i just don't see that but could be wrong

5. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

I agree

Wast of time..........Alright here we go.....................

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I do sometimes have a complete ad run, but I have found that I usually do better advertising seperately. Ex: Fall=leaves, summer=aerating, spring=lawn maintenance, etc.

7. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Do you think they are useful as a tool in the referral process? I am thinking that a person who as gotten our name at the watercooler my jump on the net to look us up.

Just my thoughts.

Jeff

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, website isn't the fix. But, it could help. You put the web address on your trucks, people then look it up after seeing you around town.

9. kenneth parsons

kenneth parsons LawnSite Member

The best advertising is word of mouth, period! Get your current customers to write down the names and phone numbers of 5 folks they think can use your service and call them. Before long you'll need to buy another rig and hire a foreman. Your business has to be built around your reputation. Forget a web site. The cost of yellow pages and newspapers every year equate to a new mower or a trailer

Good Luck!

10. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Just a question....why would u advertise aeration in the summer?