Clause In Contracts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Classic Lawn, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Classic Lawn

Classic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Have any of you put a clause in your contract like this "Price is contingent based upon received for landscaping of described model located at such and such location." I am doing this cause this builder wants some work done at his own home and doesnt want me to see the other site till he gets this price for his home. I dont like the idea of doing business like this cause he's basically naming his price and i dont want to turn down the account cause i need all the ones that i can get. the work at his house is a spring clean up and weekly mowing. but if i do the landscaping at the model i would also have that mowing contract. plus if he likes who says i wont get more work from him or within either sub he's in. Sorry so long just wondering what u guys think.

2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

why would it matter??
    give him your regular price and stick to it.
    builders love to dangle cheez in front of subs in the form of future work to get cheap one time jobs.

sounds like this is not the kind of guy you want to do business with.

3. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

Yeah my experience with builders is that they simply go for the lowest bid. No other considerations are taken in it seems.

I dont know about you, but that is not how i run my biz. I do nice work, I am proud of that, my price reflects it too.

I know that it may seem like a lot of work that he is able to provide you with, but I think its also safe to assume that you would lose all of it just as quickly if someone else undercut you in the future.

Just my thoughts, I know that I am speaking quite generally and i could be wrong...That has just been my experience.

-Reuben