clauses

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy82, Jul 15, 2001.

1. hey guys. i just wrote up a new contract that i am going to give to all my customers to tell them what to expect from me price wise. i just was curious if any of you have any other clauses that i am not thinking of, here goes.

owner obtains all permits and shows boundaries of septic, wells, and any other in ground tanks or conductors.

emergency clause - prevents people from telling me to drop everything and go do a job and complete that job in 10 days, or 5 days, otherwise price goes up to time and a half, or double time.

bulk matierals (mulch / stone / etc.) price goes up per yard if there is excessive handling required to move the stuff from the pile to the gardens or what have you.

a travel clause, stating that if i must travel 30 miles or more from my shop then i may charge more money for services rendered. over here it taked about 1 hr to travel 30 miles in a lot of cases. and i dont do much work outside of 20 miles.

a labor clause- says i may bring as many people on the job as i feel it will take to finish in a timely fashion

and a damage waiver saying that i take no responsibility for any damage done to invisible dog fences, or landscape lights, unless i am visually notified as to their presence by the homeowner.

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

"owner obtains all permits and shows boundaries of septic, wells, and any other in ground tanks or conductors. "

IMO the contractor should be the one to pull the permits since its Your head the building inspector will have if there was a screwup in the permit process.

3. actually around here all you have to do is say "owner is responsible for all permits" and you are all set. i was talkin with a builder and he told me that if you are gonna do a job for somebody, all you gotta do is say that the owner is responsible for permits and boundaries, and then even if they dont have em you can still do the work. all you gotta do is have that in writing. like that you dont have to waste time with lots and lots of paperwork.