Claw for picking up garbage while on you mower??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by craigs lawncare, Apr 15, 2006.

1. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I am sick of having to keep getting off my mower to pick up loose garbage in the lawns that I mow.
    I know there is a product out there that has a clamp like device on the end that can pick things up. It also has the ability to extend.
    The idea is that I wouldn't have to keep disengaging my mowers to pick up garbage and save wear and tear on my clutch.

Thanks for any feedback.
    I can't believe we are mowing already.

2. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

There is one at wallmart that I use that is very handy it will either be up front or in the handicape section I think its called grabber just ask a clerk they will send you in the right direction.
  3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Head to Home Depot, look in the yard tool section, they've got the "nicest" ones, IMO.

You can get others, but they're cheap.

Then keep a 4-5 gallon bucket inbetween your feet on the mower, to put the garbage in.
  4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not sure where to get them, but do get one. We used them last year and they work very well.
  5. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, thanks for the replies, jtkplc, LwnmwrMan22, Str400ex.
    I will check out BOTH HD and Wallmart!!!
    If anyone else has any idea's... feel free to post!!

6. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Take a broom handel drill a hole in one end tap a spike int that end and grind the head good for botels... great for paper ...cups cans etc:dancing:
  7. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Never run over a rolled newspaper facing a ivy patch with a walk behind.

8. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

I like the 'pic stick' from A M Leonard - looks like a giant set of Tweezers (if you are strong enough it will pick up a brick). Personally I do not like the 'shelf stocker' units available at the big box stores, have one in the garage and all it picks up is dust.

9. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know where in Michigan you are, but if you're close to Wiengartz or somewhere similar, they should have them there. Or you could try Northern Tool. I know they've got them in there. Also Forestry Suppliers, Inc. has them as well. I got mine from Nothern Tool. They've got a few different sizes to choose from.
  10. grassbandit

grassbandit LawnSite Member

EZ Reacher at Lowes, walmart, HD, etc. Stainless construction, lightweight. It will pick up anything from a dime to a brick. Also come in many sizes. 5 gallon bucket between your feet and you will save yourself alot of time