Claxton Lawncare

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Big Dog Diablo, Jul 23, 2013.

1. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

I almost bought one of those about a year ago. But instead I bought a '96 jeep grand cherokee with a 3in lift, that turned out to be the biggest hunk of dump. So i traded up to a '12 dodge 1500 hemi.

2. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a Kia Sportage 2 door with 3.5'' lift its been a fun rig Hunting or running bids 28 hwy 20 city
    At the farm I can take down atv trails and stay in the ac

Claxton nice truck
    Your Big Dog was it cheaper the The hustler. I seen them at Expo and looking at there WB

3. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds pretty neat!

I've never even heard of big dog. They do resemble a snapper to me though. Sorry for hijacking your thread big dog!

4. Snyder's Lawn Inc

A Big Dog is a Hustler knock off Think with close to same features as Hustlers

5. Poopy Shoe

Poopy Shoe LawnSite Member

Great looking rig. Sharp logo too.

6. Big Dog Diablo

Big Dog Diablo LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I love beating around in the tracker and i also use mine for hunting. The Big dog was roughly 10K but Im not sure how much the hustler's run. A friend of mine actually opened up his own business selling outdoor power equipment and he sales big dog and bad boy mowers. i needed/wanted a ZTR so i helped a buddy out. All out love the mower.

7. Big Dog Diablo

Thanks. got a friend that does graphics, shirts, etc...

8. Big Dog Diablo

Yeah by my understanding they are almost the same machine. Not real sure exaxtly what the differences are. I believe the Diablo has the deck that hustler was using a couple years back before they went to the VX4 deck. Same pumps and wheel motors. I know alot of the commercial guys around here that have been running Hustler's for the last few years are swapping over to the Diablo. they tell me that the mowers are so close that the Hustler is not worth the extra money.

9. Snyder's Lawn Inc

I notice that on the WB a lot cheaper and I couldn't tell the difference Red vs yellow

10. Big Dog Diablo

Yeah thats about it. I been noticing it has not been cutting quit as good as when i bought it. We checked the level of the deck and blades and all was good. Got to thinking today while mowing and took it back up there to have them check the RPM's of the motor and at full throttle it was 600 RPM's too low. Throttle cable had loosened up.