Claxton Lawncare

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Big Dog Diablo, Jul 23, 2013.

1. CFLS22

CFLS22 LawnSite Member

I know exactly what you mean. I never really use the ferris so I always have to stop and figure out the height dimensions on ferris ha...so when it comes down to it the tough part of the decision is whether or not to give up the "Ferris" name? Ha

2. Big Dog Diablo

Big Dog Diablo LawnSite Senior Member

Is the Ferris your main mower? My only concern with the snapper is the hydro's and I really wouldn't call it a concern it's just I'm not that familiar with them. I never had not one problem out of the Ferris hydro's. The best thing anout the snapper is the grips are easy to squeeze and my hands and wrists are not going numb any more since I bought the snapper.

3. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris LawnSite Senior Member

Diablo man I'm really loving the lettering. Did you by chance have the design custom made by a website and put it on yourself?

4. CFLS22

CFLS22 LawnSite Member

Yea the ferris is used very heavily so their hydros are something I was concerned about along with the other parts like spindles and stuff

5. Big Dog Diablo

I have a childhood friend that does lettering, tee shirts, hats, wraps etc...He designed it and put it on. We camo wrapped a suzuki samurai that i had and man didi it look good.

6. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris LawnSite Senior Member

Ahh man you gotta post pics of that haha

7. Big Dog Diablo

While I do think the hydro's on the Ferris are probably better that is it. I got the Snapper for $5600 w/sulky out the door. A Ferris just like it was $6800 no sulky before tax. By what I've seen of it so far I think I made a good choice and am more than happy with it. While I still think Ferris makes one of the best walkbehinds out there name as a whole has gradually fell off over the last several years IMO. Alot of the people around here that have bought ferris products for many years are goin in a different direction because of constant problems that they did not have back in the late 90's early 2000's.

8. Big Dog Diablo

I will post them on here tomorrow. They are on my computer at home.

9. brycesepp

brycesepp LawnSite Member

Sweet set up! Love the truck.

10. Big Dog Diablo

Thanks man