Clay like soil

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ztoro, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Gee Ray For some reason, I seem to be at the same lost.

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, leaves and manure/hay can make excellent compost. You'll know if it's ready to use if you can grab a couple of handfuls and it falls apart, like fine topsoil. You shouldn't be able to recognize what it was (leaves, grass, hay, etc.)and it will have a nice, earthy smell. Home Depot, Lowe's, K-mart, etc. all sell bags of compost if you need to get some right away.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Jodi, not really what I had in mind. I can aeravate concrete and it still will not hold water, add clay and it still will not hold water, spray it with any chemical you want and nothing...there are certain things that naturally hold water and nutrients.

4. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

Your fast, i was being sarcastic. Read it again.

5. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

You are fast too! Your location still says "At my desk". Well no frickin' duh. I am at my desk too. Actually, just to be different, i think i will put my monitor and keypad in the floor and i will change the "Dresden, TN" to "In my floor". Ask kirby where you can get that pile of sand to solve your soil problems.:dizzy:

6. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

doster how old are you? 2?

I have decided to spread concrete mix on my grass. do you recommend i use a fertilizer as well?

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Ztoro

Portland cermet "post set" will be all you need. I am 5 years old for you Information. Good Luck. That advise is from My Desk to Your Desk.

8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Man, some people take the hard road.....:sleeping:

9. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the back up, ric. Yes, concrete then aerate. Wait a couple of weeks then fert. Yep, that'll do it. Make it 46-0-0. you'll see immediate results.
    -Your lawn confidant, Doster's L & L